Filed under Features

Things I Want to do Before 102

Saint+John+Catholic+Church+parish+member+Nella+Rocker+attends+Mass+Wednesday+to+grow+her+relationship+with+God.+
Saint John Catholic Church parish member Nella Rocker attends Mass Wednesday to grow her relationship with God.

Photo By Bridget Dempster

Photo By Bridget Dempster

As people grow up, there is so much they wish to achieve in life. That may include pursuing a dream of playing a professional sport, eating more donuts, swimming with dolphins, skydiving, building a house out of candy, or designing unique shoes. Then, there are people who wish to do more personal things. Some of these things could include being less insecure, sharing more, or being closer to God.

No matter what age a person is, their regrets can still linger around when thinking about the future and the past.

Mr. Bob O’Donnell, a 90-year-old Saint John parishioner, said, “I wish that I worked harder in school and that I stayed closer to God throughout my life.”

Working hard in life will always be rewarding in the near future. The grades a student receives will show how hard a person works and will be reflected by the type of job they obtain. Therefore, it is important to give life all that a person’s got.

Giving to others is also a necessity when it comes to character. Sharing with others doesn’t just help the person in need; it helps the person giving, too. Seeing the smile on the face of the receiver should make the one giving smile.

Ninety-two-year-old Nella Rocker, who was interviewed at Saint John’s daily Mass, stated, “I helped wounded soldiers during the war when they were injured.”

There are many beautiful and troubling places to travel to in the world. For example, Nella Rocker went to Italy, her hometown, to help people who were injured and dying during World War II. Of all the places to see in the Italy region, she decided to put her life in danger to help others. This represents sacrifice and compassion. She could have been window shopping, or eating pastries in a local bakery.

Traveling can also be filled with adventures that are just waiting to be done.

Places that hold many adventures may include a tropical island near the Caribbean or a fancy dinner in Italy.  Traveling can turn dreams into reality. Images in the mind can become images for the eyes that can’t be lost. Different destinations expose different cultures and new ways of living. Traveling to a place that holds an astonishing atmosphere and nature can be very breathtaking.

Young children have ideas they want to accomplish, too!

“I want to learn more in school this year!” explained first grader Emily Zettle.

In the end, these people have expressed the importance of education, God, helping others, and trying hard. It can be hard to remember the importance of these virtues in life, but, at the end of the day, it is important to recall how lucky people are.The virtues that we hold as important, such as faith and compassion, guide people through the decisions they make in life.

1 Comment

One Response to “Things I Want to do Before 102”

1. Portia Rendler on May 31st, 2016 1:47 pm

i like this article. Good work! XD

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

*

• Things I Want to do Before 102

News

Crazy Socks Raise Money for Hurricane Relief next Thursday

• Things I Want to do Before 102

News

New Website Showcases Saint John School

• Things I Want to do Before 102

News

Ms. Hortencia Is Paid Gratitude

• Things I Want to do Before 102

News

Corazon Project to Begin Soon

• Things I Want to do Before 102

News

School Newspaper Wins Top Fair Award

• Things I Want to do Before 102

News

Ninja Warrior Competition

• News

Eagle Pride Publisher Wins Best in Show

• News

New Garden Plants Itself into Saint John’s Growing Community

• Things I Want to do Before 102

News

• Things I Want to do Before 102

News

Hunger Awareness Month

Things I Want to do Before 102