Filed under News

Ms. Hortencia Is Paid Gratitude

Ms. Hortencia Cruz has been working as a custodian at Saint John School for more than a decade now. She has been a devout staff member at Saint John’s and has always been willing to keep the campus clean and organized. Her devotion to Saint John’s has been a very apparent characteristic as she constantly is seen around campus in her golf cart, replacing paper towels and mopping the bathroom floors. She puts forth a lot of effort to ensure that Saint John’s environment is clean and safe so that students and teachers can focus on their work and not so much on the aesthetic of the school’s campus.
Student Council decided to do a project that involved picking a person to pay gratitude to. Ms. Hortencia was given loads of flowers, a Kitchen-aid stand-mixer, and a basket of many items that showed her that the Saint John School and staff truly cares about and appreciates her.
Ms. Hortencia has been very kind to each and every student and has, in fact, had very genuine conversations with some of Saint John’s students, as well as many kind “hellos.”
One of many students who have had a nice conversation with Ms. Hortencia, Delaney White in Mr. Brian Mariano’s class, stated, “Ms. Hortencia had helped me find something that I had forgotten in the classroom. She was really kind to help me, even though she was in the middle of something.”
All of Saint John’s staff has surely seen how surprised Ms. Hortencia was when she was honored at the all-school assembly. Everyone saw that big smile that had grown across her face as flowers were constantly handed to her and all of the touching words that Saint John’s students had to say about her.
Ms. Hortencia has shared her kind-hearted spirit with everyone each and every day.