• Happy Halloween!

Filed under Entertainment

San Diego County Fair

It’s that time of year again. The San Diego County Fair is coming back. The theme this year is “How Sweet It Is.” The fair opens on June 1 and goes through July 4. There are many fun events and attractions. There are rides, food trucks, and games for much entertainment. There will also be many great singers, including

* Sugarland

* Capital Cities

* Kansas

* Calibre 50

* The Cult

* Little Big Town

* Noah Cyrus

Also, the Eagle Pride Publisher, Saint John School’s student newspaper, will be competing in the fair competition with other local newspapers in the Student Showcase competition. The paper has won multiple awards at the fair before, including Best of Show every year (except 2012) since 2010 and several national awards.

Sixth grader Angelina Botto exclaimed, “I haven’t been to the fair in a really long time, and I am excited for the food.”

Shane Garcia in Mrs. Karen Klenk’s sixth grade class said that he was excited for all the rides and exciting attractions.

Orion Erwin in, Mrs. Gena Heins’s seventh grade class, stated, “I’m very excited for the fair because it’s a fun place to get together with friends and have a good time.”

Marty Hamud in Mrs. Heins’s seventh grade class, said, “Ya, I’m excited because you get to go on the roller-coaster. I like the one where it spins upside down.”