Hydro Flasks: Are They Worth It?

Back to Article
Back to Article

Hydro Flasks: Are They Worth It?

Students are making their water bottles super cool by applying distinctive decals.

Claire Grilo

Claire Grilo

Claire Grilo

Hydro Flasks, an insulated, stainless steel water bottle, have become popular with students at Saint John School because they can keep water or other drinks cold for the entire school day.

These bottles can be expensive. Hydro Flasks start at $36 and increase in cost as the size of the bottle increases. They come in many colors and students like to put stickers on them. According to the Hydro Flask website, Hydro Flasks keep drinks cold for 24 hours and warm for 6 hours. There are many other thermal water bottles such as the Cayman Fitness Insulated Stainless Steel Bottle and the SIGG Hot and Cold One, which keep drinks warm for 12 hours and can start at a price as low as $13!

The Klean Kanteen claims to keep drinks cold for an amazing 50 hours and warm for 20. This water bottle is priced lower than a Hydro flask at $31. If Hydro Flasks aren’t the best thermal bottle and are expensive, why do people like them?

“I like Hydro Flasks because they keep my water cold, but they are expensive. I don’t think they are the best water bottle though because there are a lot of other bottles like it”, said Mary El Wells in Mrs. Jenae Smith’s eighth-grade class.

“What I like about hydro flasks is that they are very useful, you can bring them anywhere you want, and you can stay hydrated,” said Iliana Downing in 7H. “I like hydro flasks because they keep your drink cold and you can put stickers on them.”