Filed under Features

Ten Ways to Stay Positive

Second graders enjoy their lunches with smiles!

Portia Rendler

Portia Rendler

Happiness is such an important aspect to someone’s everyday life. Staying happy can often be difficult when life gets tough. If you’re a negative person, it will affect your life by making it hard to get through the day.

One way to stay positive is by having a positive mind. It is hard to live a positive life with a negative mindset. Keeping happy thoughts when you’re down, or remembering happy memories, can make a more cheerful person. The next way to stay positive is by remembering that every day is a new day. Remember that each day is a clean slate. Each day comes a different opportunity to make things better.

“I look at the bright side, and never look back!” exclaimed seventh grader Adrienne Rasmussen.

Furthermore, the Lokai bracelet is a bracelet that represents life at its lowest and highest points. On the Lokai bracelet, there is one white bead and one black bead on opposite sides of the bracelet. The rest of the beads are clear. The white bead has water from Mount Everest and symbolizes that, when there are high points in life, you need to stay humble. The black bead has mud from the Dead Sea which represents that, when you have a low point in life, you have to stay hopeful. The clear beads represents life’s circular journey and that your path is your own. These beads help remind you to stay balanced in life.

Another important way to stay positive is to spend time doing the things that make you happy. This may include a sport, a hobby, going to the beach, hanging out with friends, or anything else that you enjoy. This can make life better because these things can take your mind off the negative thoughts you may have.

“You should only think positive things and not negative things,” said sixth grader Conrad Travassos.

Surrounding yourself with the people whom you love can help you stay confident even in the worst of times. Being around positive people will make a more positive person. Friends and family can give advice and encouragement to feel more secure and hopeful.

“Think of all the things people do for you, and use those thoughts to keep you happy,” explained seventh grader Bridget Dempster.

Everyone has a purpose in this world, no matter what. Everyone was made to do great things. All the obstacles are for a reason, and all have a purpose. We are put on this earth for a reason, so be yourself and do things that make you happy.

The Bible says that God will never put you through something that you can’t handle. “No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it” (1 Corinthians 10:13).

Another way to stay positive is to keep a good attitude. Your attitude affects the way you live your life. With a good attitude, you are able to do anything if you put your mind to it. To stay positive, work hard for what you want and be strong through the ups and downs. Being thankful for what you have gives you a positive attitude and heart. When you realize that you have been blessed with so many nice things, it can make you happier inside.

Music can play a big part of the way you feel inside. It can make you feel cheerful or sad. Listening to your favorite music can definitely make you a happier person. If you’re feeling sad or down, you should listen to upbeat music like pop or dance. If you’re stressed and need to slow down, it is best if you listen to mellow music. Some songs can bring back happy memories and emotions. Music is a great way to start your day on a positive note.

It has been proven that staying active will make you a happier person. Whether it is sports, dance, or surfing, exercise will take your mind off the day’s problems. Staying fit and active will take away the stress of the day while keeping a healthy lifestyle.

The final and most important way to stay positive is to smile. It has been proven that smiling takes a lot less energy than frowning. When you smile, you can make other people smile, too. This is an easy way to boost your mood!

Try these ten simple ways to stay positive. Just remember that every day is a new day, and it is within your power to make the day a great day.

1 Comment

One Response to “Ten Ways to Stay Positive”

1. Maddy on May 13th, 2015 3:58 pm

Awesome words and so true! Good work Portia. Thanks for the tips to STAY POSITIVE.

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

*

• Ten Ways to Stay Positive

News

Crazy Socks Raise Money for Hurricane Relief next Thursday

• Ten Ways to Stay Positive

News

New Website Showcases Saint John School

• Ten Ways to Stay Positive

News

Ms. Hortencia Is Paid Gratitude

• Ten Ways to Stay Positive

News

Corazon Project to Begin Soon

• Ten Ways to Stay Positive

News

School Newspaper Wins Top Fair Award

• Ten Ways to Stay Positive

News

Ninja Warrior Competition

• News

Eagle Pride Publisher Wins Best in Show

• News

New Garden Plants Itself into Saint John’s Growing Community

• Ten Ways to Stay Positive

News

• Ten Ways to Stay Positive

News

Hunger Awareness Month

Ten Ways to Stay Positive